Thursday, 20 April 2017
Trading signals - FOREX consolidates ahead of the first round of France elections
The situation remains the same - geopolitical risks determine the demand for safe-haven assets. The pair is oversold and our view didn’t change much, we are waiting for a technical pullback from the level of 108.00-108.50.
- The start of the corporate reporting season in the US was not as positive as it was expected. Equity markets in the US remain rather under pressure.
- Current weakness of the US currency after US President's political statements is a short-term positive Japanese yen factor.
The level 108.70-108.50 now acts as the nearest support (the 200th moving average will support the the price). Despite attempts to push the market lower, we observe large-scale longs around 108.50 and below.
The European currency gained amid USD weakness.
- Political risks continue to shape the agenda in Europe. The first round of elections in France that will take place this weekend is in the focus of investors.
The pair found support in the area of level 1.0708. The first resistance is in the region of 1.0770, the main resistance is above level 1.0830-1.0835.
An unexpected drop below $54.60 led to the activation of stop orders and the market decline to the area of $52.50. The oil decline occurred due to US equity markets sale-off in view of global risk aversion after disappointing corporate reporting data.
- Official data on oil reserves showed a decrease of 1 million barrels, distillate stocks - by 1.9 million barrels, gasoline stocks increased by 1.5 million barrels.
- Weakness of the American currency is a positive factor for the oil market.
- The meeting of OPEC representatives this weekend and possible verbal intervention will support the oil market.
In the current conditions, the oil market will try to keep the level of 53 dollars per barrel and recover to the level of $54 dollars per barrel.
Fort Financial Services
This trading analysis is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a strict recommendation for action or an offer for the purchase or sale of any currency, future or stock. Publishing the information we do not try or to attract any funds or deposits. We share our analytical view of current market situation and we don’t have any open position in instruments discussed and no plans to open any positions. Any person considering this research should carefully consider the risks associated with this and the level of trading experience.
- What’s next? – GOLD, OIL 25.04.17
- Fort account
- Gold and euro: overnight vedettes
- What’s next? – GOLD, OIL 24.04.17
- Weekly Outlook: Apr 24 - Apr 28
- What’s next? – GOLD, OIL 21.04.17
- Trading signals - FOREX consolidates ahead of the ...
- Trump rally: is going to stop?
- What’s next? – GOLD, OIL 20.04.17
- Trading signals - Geopolitics restrain trading act...
- 5 things to quickly improve your trading
- What’s next? – GOLD, OIL 18.04.17
- Understanding safe-haven gold
- What’s next? – GOLD, OIL 17.04.17
- Weekly Outlook: Apr 17 - Apr 21
- Trading signals - US dollar is losing ground on Tr...
- 4 basic questions about interest rates
- What’s next? – GOLD, OIL 13.04.17
- Newbie account
- US stock indexes to open lower; Tillerson-Lavrov m...
- Forex or Stocks?
- What’s next? – GOLD, OIL 12.04.17
- Trading signals - Geopolitics in focus as markets ...
- 5 myths about technical trading
- What’s next? – GOLD, OIL 11.04.17
- US equities under pressure over increasing geopoli...
- Political risk in all fronts
- What’s next? – GOLD, OIL 10.04.17
- Weekly Outlook: Apr 10 - Apr 14
- What’s next? – GOLD, OIL 07.04.17
- Trading signals 6.4.2017
- Trump-Xi meeting to set the tone in financial mark...
- What’s next? – GOLD, OIL 06.04.17
- US stock index futures lower; employment data in f...
- 3 steps to stop losing money on forex
- What’s next? – GOLD, OIL 05.04.17
- What is Fort Financial Services?
- US stock indexes to extend losses amid rising poli...
- Trading signals
- Are ETFs right for you?
- What’s next? – GOLD, OIL 04.04.17
- Wall Street futures higher; economic data in focus...
- US key events to watch this week
- What’s next? – GOLD, OIL 03.04.17
- March ( 54 )
- February ( 46 )
- April ( 44 )
- October ( 4 )
- September ( 6 )
- August ( 3 )
- July ( 6 )
- June ( 3 )
- May ( 1 )
- April ( 1 )
- March ( 6 )
- February ( 4 )
- January ( 4 )
- company news
- Fort account
- Fort Financial Services
- fundamental analysis
- how to
- interest rates
- Newbie account
- non farm payrolls
- presidential elections
- technical trading
- trading signals
- upcoming economic events
- volatile markets
- Wall Street
- weekly outlook
- Who are we